- We protest GMOs and artificial ingredients, but applaud those who bombard their body with hormones and artificially augment themselves.
- We protest the power of government to put others to death, but demand that the government pay for our right to put our own children to death.
- We demand that the government stay far from our bedroom, but demand that they sponsor who we bed, and pay for any physical and emotional fallout.
- We demand that everyone tolerate the choices we feel are right, but rage against others who make choices they feel are right.
- We tell people to think for themselves and challenge authority, and get angry when they do so.
- We teach our children to follow their hearts, and wring our hands when some of them actually do it.
- We hate corporations like Wal-mart and “big oil” and then shop at corporations like Wal-mart and live a life filled with byproducts of oil.
- We say one man who kills himself is the puppet of a disease, but turn around and applaud a woman who kills herself as having great courage.
- We encourage positive body image and then applaud those who want to surgically alter theirs.
- We demand that boys and girls can play with all the same toys and dress however they want, but when a boy plays with dolls we tell him he might be a girl, and when a girl plays with soldiers, we tell her she might be a boy.
And in summary:
We sin, and rage at God for not averting the consequences (and Stephen Fry’s rant is just one of many examples)
And here are 3 for my fellow Christians:
- We demand freedom of religious expression in public, but then don’t make any
- We cry out when the government legislates on certain moral topics, but then wait for the government to legislate on certain moral topics
- We call “persecution” when liberals boycott Christian companies, but then demand that everyone boycott secular companies